There are a lot of things to know about grills these days. Here’s a quick overview:
- Infrared, or “Sear Station” burner: It can’t be beat for grilling steaks, but you have to know how to use it.
- TEC infrared grilling: The most amazing way to grill!
- Infrared rear burner & rotisserie: Perfect for roasts, but you have to learn how they work.
- Side burners: They’re great for more than boiling corn.
- Portables vs. built-ins: Each has its advantages and disadvantages.
- “Kamado” style Big Green Egg BBQs: An ancient and amazing way to slow cook with real charcoal that keeps meat extremely moist and infuses it with as much smoke flavor as you want. Or, you can sear steaks at 600F.
- Outdoor kitchen accessory pieces: Outdoor bars, outdoor refrigerators, and other pieces, what’s right for you?
Fireside is Grilling Headquarters for Central Oregon:
We can help you learn more when you come into the store. We’ve been at it for decades. When you purchase a grill from Fireside, you receive a lot of benefits that are not always seen. We have had the opportunity to sell most every grill brand available because of the number of years we have sold and serviced grills. We also provide full warranty and service support at little or no labor cost to you. Obviously, we also provide delivery and assembly. Unlike most other retail outlets, we are also certified by the Oregon Fire Marshal’s Office to assemble and service propane grills and related items.
As you might guess, there are dramatic differences in grill operation, performance and reliability. Gas grills, infrared grilling, “Kamado” style charcoal grills, the traditional Weber Kettle, or a pellet grill maybe. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? We’re spend a lot of time analyzing and testing dozens of grills to insure that we can help you select the best possible models for your needs.
Additionally, we thoroughly test the grills we sell so we can tell you about the details of their operating characteristics. We also provide grilling demonstrations on many Saturdays to help you use your grill better and have more fun grilling. We also specialize in built-in grills and their accessories, whether we provide the built-in island, or the island is site built. We also have an extensive selection of dry rubs, sauces and grilling accessories to make grilling even more enjoyable.
Buying an American made, premium gas grill, like a Weber, or a Twin Eagle is more than a patriotic “balance of trade” issue. The “big box” store grills are cheap, large and look great to the casual observer. However, they’re all made in China and use poor quality components that do not last long. They appear to have great brand names, but their manufacturers are unknown. China does manufacture some impressive products, but not grills. The Chinese grills are made with thin, dentable steels and it is very difficult to obtain replacement components. Without replacement components, they quickly become landfill items if they’re used regularly.
American made grills are more expensive, but they are made of more durable materials, reliable components and they have readily available replacement components. Fireside provides full warranty and service support for every appliance we sell. We could easily sell lots of inexpensive Chinese grills. But, our service personnel would not be able to keep up with all the warranty support and regular service that our customers expect. So, do you want a real grill, or a throw away grill? It’s your choice.