What’s for dinner tonight? Try a tender steak that’s been infused with a delicious marinade to create a flavorful experience in every bite. Flank steaks are one of the quickest and easiest things to grill. Pair it with a crisp green salad and finish it off with a delicious lime-pepper dressing.
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 20 minutes | Marinating time: 2 to 4 hours | Grilling time: 7 to 9 minutes
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 flank steak, 1½ to 2 pounds and about ¾ inch thick, trimmed of external fat and silver skin
- 12 large scallions (white and light green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups lightly packed fresh baby arugula or baby spinach
- Whisk the marinade ingredients. Place the steak in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in two-thirds of the marinade (about ½ cup). Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade and place the bag in a bowl. In a separate bag combine the remaining marinade (about ¼ cup) and the scallions. Refrigerate the steak and scallions for at least 2 hours or up to 4 hours, turning the bags occasionally. Allow the steak to stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before grilling.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Whisk the dressing ingredients, except the oil, and then slowly add the oil until the dressing is emulsified.
- Remove the steak and scallions from the bags and discard the marinade. Grill the steak over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to your desired doneness, 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare, turning once or twice. At the same time, grill the scallions over direct medium heat until lightly charred and slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes, turning once. Remove from the grill and let the steak rest for 5 minutes. Cut the scallions crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Cut the steak across the grain into thin slices.
- In a large bowl toss the arugula with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Divide the arugula and steak slices among four plates. Top with more dressing and the scallions. Serve warm.
Recipe Courtesy: http://www.weber.com/recipes